Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

ifort (2021.2.0) compiling error for cosmoMC

CoryChu
Beginner

I got the error when I tried to compile the cosmoMC (https://github.com/cmbant/CosmoMC)

It can be done by gfortran without any problem.

My intel-oneAPI was installed via apt-get on Ubuntu 20.04.1

mpiifort -fc=ifort -mkl -O3 -no-prec-div -fpp -qopenmp -xHost -DMPI -I../camb/fortran/ReleaseMPI -I/home/ccc/prog/cosmos/intel-CosmoMC/source/../camb/forutils/ReleaseMPI/  -module ReleaseMPI -IReleaseMPI/ -c calclike.f90 -o ReleaseMPI/calclike.o
mpiifort -fc=ifort -mkl -O3 -no-prec-div -fpp -qopenmp -xHost -DMPI -I../camb/fortran/ReleaseMPI -I/home/ccc/prog/cosmos/intel-CosmoMC/source/../camb/forutils/ReleaseMPI/  -module ReleaseMPI -IReleaseMPI/ -c ImportanceSampling.f90 -o ReleaseMPI/ImportanceSampling.o
ifort: error #10105: /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.2.0/linux/bin/intel64/../../bin/intel64/fortcom: core dumped
ifort: warning #10102: unknown signal(0)
ifort: error #10106: Fatal error in /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/2021.2.0/linux/bin/intel64/../../bin/intel64/fortcom, terminated by unknown
compilation aborted for ImportanceSampling.f90 (code 1)
make[1]: *** [Makefile:290: ReleaseMPI/ImportanceSampling.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ccc/prog/cosmos/intel-CosmoMC/source'
make: *** [Makefile:17: cosmomc] Error 2

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's an internal compiler error - you'll have to report it to Intel and include sources for reproducing it.

0 Kudos
CoryChu
Beginner

Thanks for your comment.

I thought this is the place I could report to Intel, but I might be wrong. Could you kindly remind me how to report it to Intel? The source is in the Github link.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

If you haven't paid for support to use the oneAPI software, i.e. you're using the free version, this is the place to report issues.

Please attach the file that is reporting the error and any other files that one depends on. And the compiler options you used. A minimal reproducer is needed.

0 Kudos
CoryChu
Beginner

Thanks!
The source is attached here. I also include the output of my make command in the file "make_ifort_error.log"

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Are you sure ALL these files are required to reproduce the issue?  There are 53 source files, ~26000 lines of code!  

Please attach the minimum number of files required to reproduce the issue.

P.S.  I just found another 60 source files.  

0 Kudos
CoryChu
Beginner

Sorry!

Is this one better?

0 Kudos
CoryChu
Beginner

Also, I found that the error only happened if I use the -xHost flag. My CPU is AMD Ryzen 9 5900X. I hope that this information is useful

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Good find!  -xHost should work for non-Intel processors.  For Ryzen, -march=core-avx2 would be the equivalent.

0 Kudos