Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28447 Discussions

ifort error #10037 could not find 'link'

hos_s_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

i've installed intel Parallel Studio XE 2013 last 4 months with the combination with MS Visual Studio 2010. It was working perfect till last week when I faced a compiling error by Matlab -Simulink saying "Ansi_C can not be found in registry". After that i've installed Microsoft windows SDK 7.1 and another C++ compiler. After all these changes i couldnt remove the error by Matlab-Simulink and worse than that i am receiving the error: ifort  #10037 could not find 'link'  by Fortran when i try to compile in Intel 64 visual studio 2010 mode.

I have tested almost all suggested solutions here but still having the problem!

Any new suggestion would be appreciated!

tnx

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Martyn_C_Intel
Employee

Perhaps you could look at the paths in MSVS under  tools\options\Intel Composer XE\Visual Fortran\Compilers\Executables ? (Click on '...')

What I see (for intel64) in a vanilla installation is:

$(IFortInstallDir)bin\Intel64
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\ide
$(VCInstallDir)bin\amd64
$(VCInstallDir)bin
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\Tools
$(VSInstallDir)Common7\Tools\bin
$(FrameworkDir)$(FrameworkVersion)
$(WindowsSdkDir)bin
$(PATH)

The VCInstallDir bin directories should contain link.exe.  Don't know how the other software that you installed might have modified this?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Also check that \Windows\System32\ appears in PATH so that VS X64 can initialize.  Normally set up in control panel > system > advanced system settings >environment variables  (changes take effect after restart).  You can search web for details about this feature of VS X64 .

0 Kudos
hos_s_
Beginner

@Martyn: it is same as yours in my case...still no changes

@Tim: can u please explain more? what I exactly change? what for should i search exactly in web?

0 Kudos
hos_s_
Beginner

the other point I have noticed is that recently i have 3 Microsoft VS folders: 

Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0

Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0

Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0

Can it be some how confusing while pathing through the VC-Folders?

0 Kudos
hos_s_
Beginner

okk i have solved the problem by running vcvarsall.bat in command prompt....but now facing another error:

LNK1112: module machine type 'x86' conflicts with target type 'x64'

now any suggestion??

0 Kudos
hos_s_
Beginner

and now the problem is totally solved by running vcvarsall x64 in command prompt...tnx everyone

0 Kudos