Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort in Docker container

Stainer__Thomas
Beginner

Is it possible to have a version of the ifort compiler inside a docker image which then hosted on Docker Hub?

Would there be any issues with having the compiler on Docker Hub (public) even if no license was in the image?

Does this require a special license?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Eugene_E_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I will find out.

If it's possible for us to do this, which OS would you want for the container?  There are various flavors of Linux, but I believe this is the only official Windows container: https://hub.docker.com/r/microsoft/windowsservercore/

Thank you,

Eugene

0 Kudos
Stainer__Thomas
Beginner

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for getting back so promptly.

I now realize that I have posted this message in the Windows section, but it would actually refer to any OS system inside a Docker image. Which would include the likes of Ubuntu, Solaris, Opensuse and possibly Windows.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Andreas_A_
Beginner

Hello,

I wanted to install Fortran in a Windows docker container. Unfortunately I was not successful.

Visual Studio is already installed inside the container. I attached the log files from the container.

Can you please assist me?

Best regards

Andreas

0 Kudos
Andreas_A_
Beginner

No idea? :-)

The same command worked with a clean Windows 10 installation with vs 2013

0 Kudos
CSlat2
Beginner

Any update to this?

We would like to be able to put together a number of docker images that pair up compilers. i.e.

Windows:

MSVS 2015 and Intel 15 FORTRAN

MSVS 2017 and Intel 18 FORTRAN

Linux

Gcc and Intel 18 FORTRAN

All of these acessable via a Dockered Jenkins

0 Kudos