Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28441 Discussions

ifort not found after linux Parallel Studio 2013 install

Marcio_Pmz
Beginner

I had just installed Parallel Studio 2013. My OS is Ubuntu 12.04.

Installation was ok, except for the warning that 'Ptrace' was active leads preventing Vtune, Inspector and Advisor to make verifications.

Although after  calling the variables with:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Then trying to invoke compilers they were informed not found.

What can I do? Help me please!

Marcio.pmz

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Heinz_B_Intel
Employee
Hello Marcio this is a bug of the Composer-specific part of Intel Parallel Studio XE installer and related to the 'dash' shell being used on Ubuntu and Debian. This is fixed in update 1 of Intel Composer 2013 which will be released very soon (very likely this week). It has been reported on this forum multiple times. See for example http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/328146 As soon as update update 1 will be avaialble, I will let you know. In case you don't want to wait, here the steps to workaround the issue: Temporarily switch to bash shell: $ sudo rm /bin/sh $ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh Uninstall the Composer package: $ sudo /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.0.079/bin/uninstall.sh You might get an error message "Package has been installed by another user. Press enter to exit"; In this case remove the installation directory: $ sudo rm -rf /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.0.079/ You very likely have a corrupted RPM-date base file /root/.rpmdb. The installation will not work without removing this file. Thus $ sudo –s # mv /root/.rpmdb /root/.rpmdb.backup # exit Now Install Composer XE 2013 in the usual way $ sudo rm /bin/sh $ sudo ln -s /bin/dash /bin/sh Once update 1 of Composer 2013 will be available, you can install it (additionally in case you like) in the usual way - no need for the workarounds above. Heinz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Heinz_B_Intel
Employee
Hello Marcio this is a bug of the Composer-specific part of Intel Parallel Studio XE installer and related to the 'dash' shell being used on Ubuntu and Debian. This is fixed in update 1 of Intel Composer 2013 which will be released very soon (very likely this week). It has been reported on this forum multiple times. See for example http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/328146 As soon as update update 1 will be avaialble, I will let you know. In case you don't want to wait, here the steps to workaround the issue: Temporarily switch to bash shell: $ sudo rm /bin/sh $ sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh Uninstall the Composer package: $ sudo /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.0.079/bin/uninstall.sh You might get an error message "Package has been installed by another user. Press enter to exit"; In this case remove the installation directory: $ sudo rm -rf /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013.0.079/ You very likely have a corrupted RPM-date base file /root/.rpmdb. The installation will not work without removing this file. Thus $ sudo –s # mv /root/.rpmdb /root/.rpmdb.backup # exit Now Install Composer XE 2013 in the usual way $ sudo rm /bin/sh $ sudo ln -s /bin/dash /bin/sh Once update 1 of Composer 2013 will be available, you can install it (additionally in case you like) in the usual way - no need for the workarounds above. Heinz
0 Kudos
Marcio_Pmz
Beginner
Dear Heinz, Made as you commanded. It has worked beautfully! Thanks! Marcio
0 Kudos
Heinz_B_Intel
Employee
Hello Marcio update 1 of Composer 2013 ( version 2013.1.117 ) is available for download now at registrationcenter.intel.com. This version fixes the installation issue. Heinz
0 Kudos