Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

intel fortran installation stop at step 6

onecheng
Beginner
Hello, I am using Redhat Enterprise. When installing the intel fortran 11 step by step, I proceed at step6 which it show such message:
Installing Intel Fortran Compiler for applications running on IA-32
component...

Then the installation may stops. The cursor blinks, but, No success information show next on the screen and also no error information. If i close the installation terminal and check the installation result, the ifort ia32command can be used but the files in lib fold is not enough and when linking, for_main.o cannot be found. of course, the lib is not well installed.
But before when installingintel fortranon Redhat 9, i havn't encounter such problem.

Because it does not shown any error information, i am really frustrated. Can anyone tell me what I should do ? I uninstall and reinstall several times, but the problem stands still.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Which version of RHEL? 32-bit or 64-bit? Which version of Intel Fortran? What is the exact name of the installer you downloaded?

Note - only our Windows product is called Intel Visual Fortran.
0 Kudos
onecheng
Beginner
Which version of RHEL? 32-bit or 64-bit? Which version of Intel Fortran? What is the exact name of the installer you downloaded?

Note - only our Windows product is called Intel Visual Fortran.

thanks for your help. I am sorry the information is not enough. The RHEL is 5.2, 64-bit system. the intel fortran version is 11.059, which is downloaded about 1 month ago.

From the download website, i downloaded both ia32/intel64 version and interl64 version. For the ia32/intel64 version, the installation stops at step 6 and message gives that:

Installing Intel Fortran Compiler for applications running on IA-32
component...

while for the intel64 version, the message gives that

Installing Intel Fortran Compiler for applications running on intel-64
component...

both the two installation stops and the cursor blinks all the time..

I also download the ia64 version and tested it, but it is not compatible with my machine. so i think the ia32/intel64 and intel64 are the suitable versions.

Iwish this time i give enough information for your analysis. Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I wonder if you installed the Red Hat g++ development options. The basic development option, plus the "compatibility libraries," would be enough to support the Intel64 compiler installation. For the ia32, you need also the "legacy" (32-bit) development system. Normally, if you didn't install g++, you would get an error message such as missing glibc development library.
The further questions about the jre and browser support for the debugger have been covered thoroughly on this forum, but don't have to be dealt with for the compiler installation.
0 Kudos
onecheng
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
I wonder if you installed the Red Hat g++ development options. The basic development option, plus the "compatibility libraries," would be enough to support the Intel64 compiler installation. For the ia32, you need also the "legacy" (32-bit) development system. Normally, if you didn't install g++, you would get an error message such as missing glibc development library.
The further questions about the jre and browser support for the debugger have been covered thoroughly on this forum, but don't have to be dealt with for the compiler installation.

Thanks for your help. When checking the prerequisites, the only imply is the lack of compatible jre. So in this way i should have installed the g++ development.
From this forum, i know thatjre isnot the necessity duringthe installation process, so i ingnore it.

Thank you very much.

Who can help me ?? I am really mad...
0 Kudos