Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

intel fortran

ab1
Beginner

Hi

Is icc (for C and C++) automitically installed while installing parallel-studio_xe-2018. after installing ifort when i looked for icc, i get

icc: command not found

i read, following are also needed

libstdc++5,   libstdc++   libstdc ++5   libgcc   glibc

are these too automatically installed alongwith fortran intel parallel studio XE edition. in their absence, segmentation fault can arise

thanks

anand

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Some editions of Intel Parallel Studio XE include icc, some don't. If the full name includes "for Fortran", then no icc. (If it says "for C++", then no Fortran.) All other editions include both.

You do need to "source" the compilervars.sh script to establish the compiler environment, as specified in the documentation.

No, the gcc libraries are not automatically installed - you have to do that yourself.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

A working installation of a g++ is required before installing ifort and icc.  On most linux systems, this means the optional development system installation.  This alone usually will get you only the prerequisites for Intel64 compilers on linux x86_64, or 32-bit compilers on 32-bit linux.

When you install Parallel Studio, a menu comes up of the components provided in your installer.  So you will see whether Fortran or C and C++ or both are available.  If you have a license for both, you have the options of getting an installer for one or the other, or both.

For 15 years or so, the C++ library has been libstdc++-6.   If you are thinking of installing psxe2018 on a very old version of linux (e.g. more than 5 years old), you should look up the prerequisites which list the oldest linux versions which have been tested.

0 Kudos
durgapal__shubham

I am new to this computing world and have recently joined. Hence i am not familiar with 

1 what is the diffference between intel studio xe, Intel parallel studio Xe

2 is the cluster edition discontinued as i dont find it in https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

3  can you guide me which version of linux has both icc and ifort. ... i cant make it out

thanks

shubham

0 Kudos