Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

lin_sol_gen

Haider__Abbas
Beginner

hi,

im not familiar with ivf, it doesnt have imsl library. i want to use lin_sol_gen in my program but i dont know how to add it in IVF... any suggestions pls

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You want the Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL), which is included. Look at the MKL documentation to see which linear solvers it has that may be an appropriate replacement. If you need more help, ask in the MKL forum.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

IMSL is available as a separate add on (at extra cost) to IVF. If you need to run code that depends heavily on IMSL, you will need to purchase it. However, much of the linear algebra capabilities of IMSL are also available in MKL, which is already included in IVF. For example, you can call the Lapack routine GESV to solve linear equations instead of LIN_SOLVE_GEN. The subroutine arguments are slightly different, so you will have to modify your code to call the Lapack routines in MKL with the proper argument lists.

0 Kudos
Haider__Abbas
Beginner

thank you steve and mecej4... ill post in MKL forum now

0 Kudos