Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

listing of windows to linux options

Ralph_Nelson
Novice

I need to run in both Windows 10 and Linux environments.  Is there a listing of Windows to Linux options for latest Intel Fortran compilers?  I realize there probably isn't a one to one translation in some cases.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The pdf help shows both linux and Windows spellings.  You might also find the comparison of ifort -help menus helpful.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There used to be such a list, but it was removed a few versions ago. I objected at the time, as I found this useful, but it was deemed too much effort to maintain.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

There is an alphabetical listing of Compiler options (here) that includes the spelling for each OS that may help. Also each individual option page includes spellings for each OS.

0 Kudos
Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Found an option within the compiler that provides Windows to Linux mapping.  Here.

Steve,
Found this link that has a Windows to Linux Cross-Reference.  Maybe something like the list you noted.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, that tool is helpful. The link is 14 years old, though  - not very helpful.

0 Kudos
Ralph_Nelson
Novice

Steve Lionel (Ret.) wrote:
Yes, that tool is helpful. The link is 14 years old, though  - not very helpful.

14 yrs isn't old!   I'm 73.  Old is a relative term.

OK, OK, related to computers 14 yrs old is extremely old.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Especially as it refers to compiler version 8.0.. Lots has changed since then.

0 Kudos