Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

macOs 10.13.6

Buszko__Dennis
Beginner

I am trying to install m_fcompxe_2018 on macOs 10.13.6 and it fails when it comes to the licensing we have an older license file that has been renewed & expires on 10-26-2019. 

when i try with serial # option:

"Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription, incompatible Serial number, or unavailable Intel(R) Software License Manager"

Activation Offline: The License file(s) you provided is not valid for this product.

Use Intel(R) Software License Manager: The License server you provided does not have a valid license for this product.

Am I right in assuming that the renewed license we have that worked for 2017 and below will now not work for 2018 or 2019.

TY

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Download the license file from the Intel Registration Center and try activating with that. Serial numbers tend to be tied to the specific version that was current when the license was issued.

The message you got referred to "offline activation", which is more complicated. Were you trying that?

If you need more help, open an issue at the Intel Online Service Center, as licensing questions need to be asked there.

0 Kudos
Buszko__Dennis
Beginner

Steve, 

I have explained which methods i have attempted in my above post and the messages that is received.

The real question is does my company have to buy a license file to work with 2018 or 2019? as it is blatantly apparent that renewed license files purchased years ago now do not work. 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You say you have a license that expires in October 2019. Assuming this is a purchased license, it enables you to install any version of the product released on or before that date.  The problem you are encountering is probably not due to license expiration, but something else. That is not something we can analyze in this forum - you need to engage Intel Support, with its access to their database of licenses and diagnostic methods. Any more details you might offer, such as serial number or license contents, are inappropriate for this public forum.

As I wrote above, installing by serial number works only for the version current when the license was purchased. Once the license has been "activated" (license file copied to the system), it will continue to work for installs until you try to install a version released after the support end date. You can also download the license file from registrationcenter.intel.com and it will work on any version through that date.

All I can tell you is that there are several possible reasons why your install failed, and Intel Support is best positioned to get you a prompt answer. In my past experience in Intel Support (I am retired), I have seen people try to install products other than the one they are licensed for, which can get that error. But I also notice the message about offline activation, which is not normal. Again, please use the Intel Online Service Center and you'll get the help you need.

0 Kudos