Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

missing libifcoremd.dll

Rowe__Ed
Beginner

I have been successfully using R 3.2.2 to call a DLL created with Intel Visual Fortran (w_fcompxe_2013.6.204), under Windows 7. However, when I try to repeat this on another Windows 7 machine (without Visual Fortran installed), I get the message "This program can't start because libifcoremd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

The DLL was built in "release" configuration so it's not that. It looks from previous Forum replies like what I need is the "redistributable libraries". I downloaded w-fcompxe-redist-msi-2013.5.198.zip, ran the installer package w_fcompxe_redist_ia32_2013.5.198, and rebooted. The libifcoremd.dll is now present in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler - but I still get the same error message. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The redist installer should have added the redist folder to the PATH system environment variable. Try logging out and in again, and if that doesn't resolve the issue, add:

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64_win\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32_win\compiler

to PATH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Did the redistributable include a .bat to add the .dll folder to PATH ?  If you don't wish to work with PATH, you can place a shortcut in the folder with your .exe, but that may not be recommended.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The redist installer should have added the redist folder to the PATH system environment variable. Try logging out and in again, and if that doesn't resolve the issue, add:

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64_win\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32_win\compiler

to PATH.

0 Kudos
Rowe__Ed
Beginner

I tried adding the paths Steve that suggested to PATH; tried putting a shortcut to libifcoremd.dll in my project folder as Tim suggested; and tried putting libifcoremd.dll itself into the project folder; but none of these helped. I then installed a spare VF licence (from a student who has now left) onto my second machine, and my DLL loaded OK. At that point, I thought that the redistributable library installation must be not doing something that the VF installation is doing. But then I tried a third machine (with no VF installed), again running the redistributable library installer (w_fcompxe_redist_ia32_2013.5.198), and my DLL loaded OK. I'm still in the dark as to why it didn't work at first on machine #2 - I must have got something wrong. Anyway, I'm now up and running - many thanks to both of you.

0 Kudos