Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

mkl_intel_thread.dll missing??

Dix_Carneiro__Rafael

Hi all,

I was able to successfully compile and run my code using the MS Visual Studio interface -- both on Debug and Release modes. Curiously, though, when I run the exact same executable from the command line, I receive an error message "The program can't start because mkl_intel_thread.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Any clue about what can be going on?

Many thanks,
Rafael

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

If I remember correctly, the MKL install doesn't add the path to its DLLs to the system PATH environment variable. You need to do that yourself.

mecej4
Black Belt

Rather than modify the system-wide PATH and risk problems with running applications such as Matlab, which come with their own versions of the MKL DLLs, I suggest that you use a command window configured for use with MKL. Your installation of Parallel Studio or MKL may have created such a command window, and you can look for its shortcut in the Start Menu.