Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28651 Discussions

oneAPI Base Toolkit, Offline installation requires online

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Installing oneAPI Base 2024.2 Offline installation.

At start of installation it connects online to download something about 26.2 MB.

What happens if the system is not connected to the internet?

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That always puzzled me, but my conclusion is that it isn't really downloading anything and that the UI is incorrect in referring to it that way.

Have you also noticed that as of 2024.2 you are no longer able to opt out of data collection? I have sent my complaint about that to Intel.

Devorah_H_Intel

@Steve_Lionel wrote:

Have you also noticed that as of 2024.2 you are no longer able to opt out of data collection? I have sent my complaint about that to Intel.

I specifically asked our Installation engineering about this change. I was told that it is by design. The data collected is strictly anonymous, and user consent is not required. 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I imagine there are many types of customers who would not allow data collection of any kind. This was a bad move.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

@Steve_Lionel wrote:

I imagine there are many types of customers who would not allow data collection of any kind. This was a bad move.

The omission of the consent option during install was an error; we are working to restore the option as soon as possible.  We will let you know when it is in place.  Thank you for your patience.

Devorah_H_Intel

@Steve_Lionel wrote:

The just-released 2024.2.1 update includes opt-out.

Devorah_H_Intel_0-1723158270725.png

0 Kudos