Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

oneAPI command line

Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

I started command line from oneAPI prompt and ifort and icl aren't on the path. 

Is this an issue(bug)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

To see everything, do a:

set path > path.txt

and attach path.txt to a reply here.

To edit system environment variables in Windows 10, click the Start button, then Settings (gear icon). Click System, then About. Scroll towards the bottom and select Advanced System Settings. Click Environment Variables.

Scroll down to Path under System variables, select it and click Edit.

I don't recommend doing this blindly - you can render your system unusable. Let's see the path.txt from the set command first.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Which packages did you install? Did you install just the base OneAPI toolkit, or did you also install the HPC toolkit? Open the Windows Programs and Features control panel. Do you see the OneAPI compilers listed in it?

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner
Yes. I have both installed
0 Kudos
Ron_Green

What about 'icx' and 'dpcpp' are those found?  Just try

icx -V

dpcpp -V

and also try

ifx -V

You can try to uninstall the HPC Toolkit and try to re-install it.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

nothing. also mpiexec isn't found. It seems that nothing is set. nor the compiler nor mpi or mkl

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I am unsure what you mean by "started command line from oneAPI prompt". What exactly did you do? Which OS is this?

If you simply started a command prompt session, then this is expected behavior. In order to get the compilers added to the executables path, you have to invoke the compiler's setvars script. The Windows install adds a shortcut to the Start menu to do this, or you can call setvars.bat yourself. I'll also comment that on Windows, if you're using Powershell instead of cmd.exe, this won't work. See Solved: ifort not recognized as an internal or external command - Intel Community for more info.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

I am on WIN10 with VS2019. I used the oneAPI command line shortcut added after the installation. I also called setvars.bat and nothing.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

I suppose that setvar script doesn't have the lines to add:

- ifort;

- icl;

- mpiexec;

-  MPI library path(.lib and .dll);

- MKL library path (.lib and .dll);

how can I change the script to add these?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You don't need to modify setvars.bat.

Please show a screenshot of the command prompt window from the start where it opens and when you type "ifort".

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

see the image attached

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for the image. The problem here is the error about "findstr", that is aborting the setvars. As best as I can tell, this is coming from some component other than the compiler calling a sys_check.bat file which invokes Python to do a "findstr". I see that some of the oneAPI components require that Python be installed (the compiler does not.)

See if installing the latest Python (from python.org) resolves this. If not, perhaps one of the Intel support people will pick this up.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner
I have Python. Os this a VS2019 conflict?
0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Nothing to do with VS2019. Let me suggest this. Run the oneAPI Base installer again. When it lets you select which components are installed, uncheck all but "Intel Distribution for GDB", let it finish and see what happens when you try again.

One of the Base components is giving an error in its setup, but it isn't a component I have installed so I can't tell which one it is. It isn't the compiler, that much I can tell you.

If you have support, open a ticket at Online Service Center  Otherwise, hope that one of the support reps picks up on this and helps you.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

Got the same: see attached file.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

findstr is a standard Windows command utility. If it cannot be found, the implication is that an earlier step in the installer script (or other batch scripts that the installer script called) corrupted %PATH% and, as a result, the findstr command is no longer accessible.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

on that command window, do this and send us the output

echo %PATH%

the PATH environment variable is of fixed number of characters.  If you have a LOT of installed software it's quite possible the character limit was exceeded.  You mentioned some possible conflict with older versions of PSXE.  How many PSXE versions do you have installed?  Could you remove some apps?  But first let's see that PATH.  We suspect it may be over the character limit and it's truncated, missing some key paths.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

attached the $PATH to the file

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

I don't have any more PSXE installed. What is missing on the PATH var?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You're missing "C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32" at a minimum. Windows\System32 is where findstr is located, and missing those will cause a lot of problems.

The inclusion of ' ' in your path is troubling - it should be removed. Do you know how to edit system environment variables?

After removing that, reboot and try again.

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

Windows GUI (ENV vars)  doesn't show all the path. The oneAPI path is loaded at command and has a lot more keys. So, I don't know how where to change it outside the oneAPI prompt. Can you help?

0 Kudos
Rodrigues__Pedro
Beginner

I removed " " from the $PATH var using windows GUI for that. Do I have to add m ore keys there? Which?

0 Kudos