Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

rc.exe not found error in building Fortran code

Iman_A_1
Beginner
Hi everybody I got rc.exe not found after building. I see rc.exe in the two following paths C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin\x64 I installed VS2010 and Intel parallel studio xe 2013 Please help Thanks
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Iman_A_1
Beginner
Also installed PGI Visual Fortran
0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner
Also installed PGI Visual Fortran and don't know how to change path in Executables using symbols dollar and slash
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

We've generally heard that PGI Fortran and Intel Fortran don't play nice together in Visual Studio, so we don't recommend having both installed.

I replied to your private message with instructions, but here they are again.

In Visual Studio, select Tools > Options > Intel Composer XE > Visual Fortran > Compilers. To the right of "Executables" click on the "..." button. Add C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin to the list and click OK. Now select the x64 tab and repeat this, using C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\bin\amd64

I usually see this problem happen when a different Windows SDK gets installed. It may be that the PGI install made changes here.

0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner

Thank you Steve. I uninstalled PGI (with VS 2010 shell) and IVF 2013 and again install it with VS 2010 Ultimate final. When I build my code get the error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'LIBCMTD.lib'.

I attached the buildlog.htm. I hope you don't tell me that I must uninstall the IVF and VS. I installed and uninstalled both of them several times because I had problem and ultimately installed them without any error.

By the way my purpose is to make Mex file and run the in MATLAB. When I run this code in matlab as "mex thecode.f " I get this error:

Error using mex
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MSVCRT.lib'

Best Wishes

Iman

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I would expect that library to be in D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\lib - is it?

I can't comment on what happens when you use a "mex" command.

0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner

No.It's not in there.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

In that case you don't have Visual C++ installed from VS2010. You need that. You can do a "Modify" on the VS2010 install and make sure that C++ support is included, though I thought VS2010 always included that so I'm surprised it's not there. Maybe you need to "Repair" the VS2010 install. Does the folder itself exist?

0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner

Yes. The folder is in that path. I installed full version and saw that C++ had been checked..

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

But msvcrt.lib is not there? You need to repair the C++ install - that is a fundamental part of MSVC. You might also consider installing the latest "service pack" for VS2010 and see if that takes care of it.

0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner

I don't know what happened. I don't have the latest service pack but I uninstalled VS 2010 and Intel composer xe 2013 and now I'm installing VS 2013 Ultimate. I hope this works. After installing and running my code I let you know. Thank you again for your prompt reply.

Iman

0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner

I have another question. Should I change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft after uninstalling in regedit tree?If yes what part?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

No, you should not touch the registry unless explicitly told to (which would be most unusual.)

0 Kudos
Iman_A_1
Beginner

Hi Steve again

I installed VS2012 Ultimate and Intel composer 2013. During building I didn't get any error but during debugging sometimes the black screen(command screen that outputs are showed there) suddenly disappears and I don't know what to do!! What's the problem?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

When debugging a Fortran program you need to set a breakpoint at an executable statement before starting the run. Otherwise the program will run to completion and then exit.

0 Kudos