Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

take fortran for students

seok__jihoon
Beginner

hi. i am university students. my major is mechanical engineering.

i studying an analysis program (SINDA/FLUINT 5.5)

So, when i use that program, i need to intel visual fortran version 11.1.048 or newer, or intel visual fortran composer XE for windows OS.

How can i take this program for student edition? or free version.

if i have to purchase this program, let me introduce where to buy.

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student for information on free student licenses for Intel Parallel Studio XE. You will get the current version (2018/18.0 at the time I write this.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student for information on free student licenses for Intel Parallel Studio XE. You will get the current version (2018/18.0 at the time I write this.)

0 Kudos
seok__jihoon
Beginner

thank you mr. Lionel.

But.. i have a problem.

sinda/fluint 5.5 need to intel parallel studio 11 ~ 13

newer is not working.. i don't know what i do.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

seok, jihoon wrote:
 But.. i have a problem.

sinda/fluint 5.5 need to intel parallel studio 11 ~ 13. newer is not working.. i don't know what i do. 

When a user looks up the documentation of the other vendor (Sinda, Fluent) and find an older version of Ifort mentioned, the user may jump to the conclusion that only that version must be used. Most of the time, this is not true. The simple explanation is that Sinda/Fluent will list a version of Ifort that was current (or a couple of years older) when that vendor's document was published.

Please explain what exactly went wrong when you tried to use the current compiler. A plain "newer is not working" is not very meaningful.

0 Kudos