Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

trial download for Windows 7

nsammons
Beginner

I am trying to find a 30- day trial download of the Visual Fortran compiler for Windows 7 OS

Is there one available? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your interest in our product!  Yes, the Free and Trial downloads are available from: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe

The current Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 release supports Windows 7*. Refer to current System Requirements for additional details.

PS - I've learned that the (name withheld) occurs where your name is an email address. To change that, click on your name in the upper right, go to the Dashboard and change the display name to something else.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I'm surprised that the document Kevin referred to says that VS2013 Community won't work with ifort.  As far as I can see, it continues to work.  Note that the trial version is among those which don't supply VS Shell and so require one of the separate VS options.

Also, the document refers to partial support of OpenMP 4.1.  That standard was released as OpenMP 4.5 last November.  A post on the C++ forum claims that 16.0.3 conforms to it, but I noticed that it doesn't set the corresponding value of _OPENMP.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

I don't see where it says that explicitly so perhaps where we only mention VS2015 Community support that's being inferred.  It is not my understanding we intended to exclude the VS2013 Community version. Just speculating, perhaps we listed 2015 because that corresponds to the current offering from Microsoft. I can discuss that and the wording with the RN maintainer and others.

I understand that we have added additional support for OpenMP 4.5 in PSXE 2016 Updates but not full support. Additional support is targeted to our major release later this year. There's some additional details in the Beta 17.0 Release Notes, here.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Our RNs were updated to re-include support of VS2013 Community. The exclusion was just an oversight.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Kevin D. (Intel) wrote:

I don't see where it says that explicitly so perhaps where we only mention VS2015 Community support that's being inferred.  It is not my understanding we intended to exclude the VS2013 Community version. Just speculating, perhaps we listed 2015 because that corresponds to the current offering from Microsoft. I can discuss that and the wording with the RN maintainer and others.

I understand that we have added additional support for OpenMP 4.5 in PSXE 2016 Updates but not full support. Additional support is targeted to our major release later this year. There's some additional details in the Beta 17.0 Release Notes, here.

I don't get to beta release notes that way, there is a broken sublink.  The release notes which came with 17.0 beta update 1 still refer to partial support of OpenMP 4.0 and 4.1, but the 4.5 release date is recognized.

0 Kudos