Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

trouble in set up Build Rules in Intel Fortran Compiler

yshangaa
Beginner

Hi,

I am a newbie in using intel Fortran Compiler for Mac. I have installed the compiler and follow the tutorial to setup a new project with fortran. When setting Build Rules, I can set the process as ''Fortran source file'', but in "using" pull-down menu there isn't an "Intel Fortran Complier". I don't know what should I do. Eagerly expect someone may help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Sorry for the lack of an earlier reply. Sounds like a potential problem with the Fortran integrations with Xcode.

Are you still having trouble selecting the Intel Fortran compiler of did you resolve the issue?

What version of OS X*, Xcode, and Parallel Studio are you using?

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Hopefully no reply means you were successful resolving your issue.

Just also wanted to add that our Fortran User and Reference Guide offers a nice walk-through for creating and configuring an Xcode project with Fortran, https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/579257. I followed the steps successfully today with OS X 10.11.5, PSXE 2016 Update 2, Xcode 7.3.1. Included under the Selecting the Intel® Compiler topic is a NOTE about a known situation where the Intel® compiler does not show up in the drop-down list that may apply in your case.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

0 Kudos