Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

v16.0.1.150 - INTERFACE/CONTAINS stack is full

Ben3
Beginner

Hi,

Is there a limit on the number of interfaces that can be brought in via use statements in ifort?

We've got a piece of code that won't compile with ifort 16.0.1.150 because it runs into this error:

/home/552/pxe552/lsdalton/src/lsutil/matop_dense.F90(86): error #6618: The INTERFACE/CONTAINS stack is full. This means that modules are being 'used' in a circular way.

I had a look at the used modules and it doesn't appear that there's any circular dependencies. To rule it out, we tried a clean build, so no .o and .mod files, but it still fails with the same problem. By commenting out a use statement for a module with a lot of generic interfaces (since it's not needed there), we can get one file to build, but then it fails in a later file with the same problem - and this time that large used module is needed.

Cheers,
Ben

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Not really - I have seen that error occur due to a compiler bug, but not for several years. Are you able to tar-up a test case we can look at?

0 Kudos
Ben3
Beginner

Thanks Steve, I'll send a tarball to you in a message - the code isn't completely open-sourced yet.

0 Kudos