Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

visual studio is broken - will pay someone to fix it for me

Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

I uninstalled and reinstalled visual studio 2019 while trying (unsuccessfully) to fix another problem (see this thread), and now can no longer build a C++ project that would build before, because of errors related to stdafx.  I am unable to fix it, and will gladly pay someone to fix this for me.  I'm desperate because I absolutely have to be able to build this project.  Please email me at bmurphy at xlrotor.com

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

During compiling, visual studio will say it can't find a file like #include "framework.h" even though it is in the source directory.  In fact, it will display a red squiggly line under it and show a pop up tip saying file is missing.  So I retype the line and then it finds it!@#$%

I have paid an annual subscription fee for Intel support.  How do I get paid support from someone that knows how to solve this problem(s)?

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Fortan is interesting and mixing c++ is interesting 

https://www.toptal.com/c-plus-plus

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

One thing you may want to examine on your own:

How long have you had this computer?  If it's old, and you have installed and removed a lot of software programs besides VS and PSXE - you know like Photoshop, Office, etc etc etc and have done this for a lot of years your PATH environment variable may have exceeded it's character count.  It has a fixed size. Or it may be corrupted.  And if PATH or LIBPATH, gets corrupted due to truncation or just generally corrupted you will see strange errors like this.  Examine those.  Look for syntax errors in the PATH and LIBPATH.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34491244/environment-variable-is-too-large-on-windows-10#34491667

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion.  Bought it in March (HP Probook 650).  The PATH is about 1200 characters all told.

PATH=
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\mpirt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32_win\mpirt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32_win\compiler
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\
C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools\Binn\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\
C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\openJDK\jre\bin
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\openJDK
C:\Users\Cheers\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
C:\Program Files (x86)\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

There are usually two path places

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

I got the PATH in a command prompt window while logged in as a standard user.  So I think that means it is the admin PATH followed by the user level PATH.  Is that what you mean by two places?

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

John - A friend of a friend who is a former Microsoft employee will look at it.  He seems to know about video studio corruptions.  If that doesn't work out, I will try the site you suggested.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Good luck, I was going to suggest put on an alternative version of VS say 2017 and try - this often works - God is in the details. 

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't see how Intel would have responsibility for fixing a problem with Microsoft Visual C++. I doubt that PATH has anything to do with it.

0 Kudos