Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Acquiring shader microcode disassembly & stats

Jarkko_L_
Beginner

Hi,

Is there a way to query shader microcode disassembly and stats (ALU instruction count, GPR usage, estimated cycle count, etc.) for Intel GPU architectures like for AMD GCN with atidxx64.dll & AmdDxGsaCompileShader() function? I would like to get this info for D3D compiled bytecode in my shader tool mainly for optimization purposes for Intel GPU architectures.

Thanks, Jarkko

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi Jarrko,

Intel GPA will do this, it is a free tool and can be downloaded here. We also have a forum and many articles and documents on how to use it. 

-Michael 

0 Kudos
Jarkko_L_
Beginner

Hey Michael,

Is there a DLL (or SDK) in GPA that I could use from my own tool to get the disasm & stats? It's just much faster to iterate with a tool that's integrated into our dev environment than using an external tool.

Thanks, Jarkko

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

I don't believe there is. Your best bet is the GPA forum, our GPA experts monitor that forum and can help you. I will move this post to that forum so you can get your questions answered. 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/graphics-profiling-debugging-and-analysis

0 Kudos
Seth_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Jarkko, 

Unfortunately, we do not have this ability within GPA to profile shaders at this time. 

I'm sorry that I can not be of more help here.  GPA can show the disassembly and make changes to the shaders, but we can't extract the ISA or device microcode.   

In addition, we don't have a library or SDK that can give this data to you either. 

I see that you are developing an engine.  Are you covered by an account manager?

Best,

Seth

0 Kudos