Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

Download the latest graphics driver

Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

When using Intel GPA, using the latest version of the graphics drivers ensures that you are getting the most accurate metrics when analyzing and optimizing your game or graphic-intensive application.

On Intel-based systems with Intel Processor Graphics, browse to the graphics driver update page. A script will check for the right driver to install. You can also manually get these at the Intel Download Center -- search for your specific graphics platform or chipset. For non-Intel graphics, check with the vendor of your graphics card for the latest drivers.

You may also benefit by downloading the latest BIOS for your system -- check with your system vendor to see if you have a current BIOS for your system.

For more information regarding installation, configuration, and usage of the Intel GPA product, visit the Intel GPA home page and the GPA Knowledge Base.

* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kalculusinc
New Contributor I
Good stuff... Can't this be part of Windows/Intel auto upgrades..makes life easier?
Kate
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

The Windows update process in most cases will automatically provide you with updates to drivers on systems with Intel processor graphics.

However, there are a couple of exceptions:

• Some users disable the auto-update process on their systems, or only install updates to basic operating system components.
  • Some system vendors provide their own version of a hybrid graphics driver (for use on a system with both Intel processor graphics and a separate discrete graphics card), and the Windows update process cannot update these drivers.

Therefore, this article highlights the importance of ensuring that you have the latest driver, and provides information on how to obtain the latest version of Intel graphics drivers.

Hopefully this helped, and thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Neal

PS-> This is especially important with "new" graphics systems, as in some cases there may be a new driver release every couple of months

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

One additional comment is that in addition to getting the latest graphics drivers, you might want to verify that you have the latest BIOS installed -- the vendor's site is usually the best place to find the latest BIOS release.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
manka__ryan
Beginner

kalculusinc wrote:

Good stuff... Can't this be part of Windows/Intel auto upgrades..makes life easier?Kate

still waiting for it?

0 Kudos