Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

GPA 2.0: Get message "Instrumented driver is not installed" when attempting to use GPA

Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tedruxpin
New Contributor I
Installing the latest BIOS has solved this problem! Thanks to you and your team for the effort!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

I believe we have a solution to this problem. It requires an upgrade to your BIOS to the latest version (1.1.4).

You can download the BIOS installer from this link.

The Dell support page contains the link above and BIOS installation instructions.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
tedruxpin
New Contributor I
Installing the latest BIOS has solved this problem! Thanks to you and your team for the effort!

0 Kudos
H_Media_Solution
Beginner

Deleted posting by myself

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

BTW, the driver team will soon be releasing a fix for desktop systems using the G45 chipset (the laptop version is still WIP). I'll post download info on this when it is officially released.

Specifically, this new version uses a different method for accessing the GPA metrics -- this method will work independent of the BIOS settings, so you won't have to try different BIOS versions until you find one that works.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

I was just checking to ensure that there were no "open" items, and noticed that I never explicitly followed up on this.

So I just wanted those watching these threads to know that the updated drivers were released and have been available for download for some months now. Also, we've not had any further reports of similar problems, so I believe that this item is no longer an issue.

Regards,

Neal
0 Kudos