Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA Monitor 4.2 crashes on launch

ssilsbee
Beginner
I'm trying to run GPA 4.2 on a Windows XP SP3 machine.After installation, when I try to launch the GPA Monitor application it closes with a dialog stating "An unexpected error occurred" and asking to save a crash report. The contents of the crash report are:

Intel GPA Error Report - Please report this error at http://www.intel.com/software/gpa

</p><p style="padding-left: 20pt;">An unexpected error occurred.</p><p style="padding-left: 20pt;">

Internal error

Windows XP Professional, 32-bit DEP disabled

Num Processors: 2

Memory: 1535MB

System BIOS: A_M_I_ - 8001020 (08/20/10)

Video BIOS: Version 60.84.51.00.17 (08/02/07)

Driver 0:

Device: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Provider: NVIDIA

Date: 8-3-2011

Version: 6.14.12.8026

VendorId: 10de

ProductId: 402

Stepping: a1

No support for GPA Instrumentation

GPA install directory: C:\\\\Program Files\\\\Intel\\\\GPA v4.2\\\\

GPA version: 4.2.156824

Current user is in Administrators group: YES

Internal error

Unable to load DLL 'WrapperGUI.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) at GPAMonitorGUI.Program.IsOlderMonitorRunning()

at GPAMonitorGUI.Program.Main()

Ran just after installing on Windows XP.

I assume the relevant error is: "'WrapperGUI.dll': The specified module could not be found." WrapperGUI.dll exists and is present in the C:\\Program Files\\\\Intel\\\\GPA v4.2 folder. Any idea what the problem might be?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

Sorry that you've run into this problem.

My first thought is that something happened during the installation that either prevented the installation from completing or corrupted the product files. Therefore, first of all reboot, use "add and remove programs" control panel to remove Intel GPA, then reboot again, then reinstall Intel GPA, then reboot one last time. Reboots are not normally necessary unless some files are in use or locked, so let's just make sure that isn't an issue with your installation.

One other thing to check is that your antivirus software is disabled while installing Intel GPA. It is possible that this may have prevented Intel GPA from installing properly.

So please try this, and let me know whether the installation goes okay.

regards,

Neal
0 Kudos
ssilsbee
Beginner
Thanks Neal; I tried your suggestions but I still receive the same error. I also tried re-downloading the installer in case it was corrupted somehow. I have a Windows 7 machine on which I was able to successfully run the Monitor software; are there any known issues with XP and GPA version 4.2 that I should check for?
0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I
Hello,

There are no open issues in 4.2 similar to what you've described. We've had some problems in the past with anti-virus software blocking the proper installation or operation of the program, but these should have been resolved. However, it is possible that a recent anti-virus software patch is blocking Intel GPA, so please let me know what anti-virus software you are using, and what version.

In parallel, I've forwarded your issue to the development team for analysis and to see if they have any other suggestions about how to resolve the issue.

thanks!

Neal

PS -> The Intel GPA Monitor works differently on Windows 7 and Windows XP, and on version 4.2 versus the 2012 R1 release, so I'm not surprised that it works on one system but not the other.
0 Kudos