Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

How to uninstall intel GPA?

Tryso
Novice

Hey all,

What is the best way to uninstall intel GPA & start fresh from 0.

I wanted to check if i have some issues because it maybe is still using some config from when i first installed it a few years back. But i couldn't find an option for it or something like an uninstall/remove exe. Is there a good way to make sure everthing is removed?

Thanks already,

Tryso

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

Tryso,

On Win10 go to Settings/Add or remove programs, then scroll down to Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers. There should be an uninstall button.

Here's what I see on my Win10. Uninstall.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Tryso,

On Win10 go to Settings/Add or remove programs, then scroll down to Intel Graphics Performance Analyzers. There should be an uninstall button.

Here's what I see on my Win10. Uninstall.PNG

0 Kudos
Tryso
Novice

alright thanks looks like its indeed there

Tryso_1-1627626698037.png

i was searching for GPA & it didn't show up , now i understand why.

0 Kudos
bergmann
Beginner

I have an embarrassing problem. I am also trying to uninstall GPA, but seem to be caught in a loop.

I follow the above steps, then encounter the problem below in the attached png.

GpaMonitor.exe

GpaServer.exe

Should be closed.

Any tips would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Hello Bergmann,

Sometimes after having used GPA, there are processes still running. You may have to close them manually.

1. Open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab. (if you are looking at the simplified view, switch to advanced).
  2. Make sure you select the Name column to sort by name. If you select any of the other columns (CPU, Memory, etc.) the order will jump around.
  3. Look in all 3 sections (scroll down) - the left over processes are usually in the Processes section, but also check the Applications section and the Windows Processes section.
  4. Look for graphics items in the 'G' section (Graphics) and the 'I' section (for Intel).
  5. << Warning: do not end the graphics driver tasks, just the ones that are obviously GPA, like gpaserver.exe. >>
  6. Select the items related to GPA, and click "End Task" on the bottom right of the window.

TaskManager.PNG

0 Kudos