Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

No GPA metrics on Lenovo yoga pro 3 (z8500)

Philip_C_
Beginner

Hi, I recently bought a z8500 based tablet and hooked it up to the intel Frame analyzed but noticed I'm not getting metrics on my machine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Phillip, 

Thank you for using Intel® GPA! First off, I will need some more information before we start. Could you send me the "About" information for GPA? This is found by launching Graphics Monitor, then right clicking on the icon in the system tray and selecting "About".

0 Kudos
Philip_C_
Beginner
Machine name: dongodile
Windows 10 build 15063, 64-bit DEP enabled
Num Processors: 8
Memory: 16330MB
System BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V2.12 (09/29/2013)
Video BIOS: Version 86.04.1E.00.5E  (06/06/16)
Driver 0:
     Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
     Provider: NVIDIA
     Date: 6-27-2017
     Version: 22.21.13.8476
     VendorId: 10de
     ProductId: 1b81
     Stepping: a1
     No support for GPA Instrumentation
Install directory: E:\Program Files\IntelSWTools\GPA\
Current user is in Administrators group: YES
Current Graphics Performance Analyzers 2017 R2 (17.2.312434)
Secure Boot/Trusted Boot is Disabled

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Phillip,

Unfortunately we don't support full metrics on third party GPUs. You might be able to see some metrics for your application (only the ones that  come directly from DirectX) but you won't see any metrics for the hardware itself. The only way to see full metrics is to have an Intel® GPU set as your primary GPU.

Take a look at our release notes to see the comprehensive list of supported graphics devices and how you can use "hybrid" configurations with third party devices and Intel® devices > https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-gpa-release-notes <

0 Kudos
Philip_C_
Beginner

I'm not profiling my desktop - I'm profiling an android application running on a lenovo yoga tab 3 (which has an atom cpu)

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Phillip,

Does your tablet have the Intel® Atom x5-Z8550 Processor? Looking at the specs online, it seems that this may be the chipset that your device has, which we currently do not support. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 8.22.04 AM.png

0 Kudos