Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

RTV viewer Diff mode Bug: picture blinks once and then turn all black

Colin4
Beginner

Hi:

I am using the RTV viewer Diff mode to see the diffrence with the orignal Render Target, the picture look fine, but it only blinks once when I switch the viewing mode, and then it all went black. I have to keep swithing between different mode if I want to the picture, which is a pain. How can I fix this problem?

I attach a gpa file if you need to check it. Thanks in advance!

The blink moment picture I captured:

Snipaste_2022-04-17_14-43-12.png

The all black scene after the blink:

Snipaste_2022-04-17_14-42-28.png

Here is my configuration:

Operating System:
Name: Windows 10 Version 2009 (OS Build 19043.1645)
Locale: zh-CN
Windows Developer Mode is enabled
Secure Boot/Trusted Boot is disabled

CPU Information:
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900KS CPU @ 4.00GHz
Architecture: x64
Cores count: 16

System BIOS:
Version: American Megatrends Inc. F8
Date: 06/05/2019

GPU Information:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
Vendor id: 0x10DE
Product id: 0x1E87
Stepping: 161
Driver Version: 30.0.15.1179
Driver Date: 2-10-2022

Machine:
Name: DESKTOP-QU9JSE6
Memory: 32699 MB
Screen: 1920x1080, 32 bit

Graphics Performance Analyzers:
Version: 22.1.1647438438
Commit hash: 252d8e7a

Installation folder: C:\Program Files\IntelSWTools\GPA\

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pamela_H_Intel

Colin,

I can't see the right panel with the experiments and the Deltas. Maybe you changed one of the shaders. It's possible that the deltas aren't big enough to show anything but black.

When I open your frame and do the Texture 2x2 experiment, the differences aren't enough to create anything but black in diff mode. But also, the frame you shared does not have that same render target that you shared. The one you shared has a far more interesting render target. This one is black with some splotches.

Here's what I see:

Colin-Frame.PNG

Also, you are playing back on NVIDIA. Though GPA works on most platforms, we don't claim support for non-Intel platforms. But something that usually works across platforms to get all the info (including HW counters) is to open (play back) your frame on a platform with an Intel chip - you don't need a discrete GPU to play it back - the integrated GPU (iGPU) on an Intel CPU will suffice for most GPU data. If your platform has an Intel iGPU you don't even need to disable your NVIDIA dGPU  - just select the GPU after opening Graphics Frame Analyzer (GFA), but before you open your frame. In the upper left corner of GFA, you'll see something like:

GFA-GPU.PNG

Click anywhere in that highlighted rectangle and choose the GPU you want to play back on.

Let me know if this helps.

Pamela

0 Kudos