Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
489 Discussions

bug: stencil CCW_STENCILFAIL displays incorrectly in state-view

Mikkel_G_
Beginner

Hi

I am seeing the stencil state D3DRS_CCW_STENCILFAIL displaying as D3DSTENCILOP_ZERO in the "State/Render States" view, even though it is in fact set, also confirmed by the "API Log" tab showing it set to D3DSTENCILOP_KEEP . See attached capture.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I'll take a look at the info you've provided.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

I did a quick check, and I'm wondering which erg you are talking about. I see a number of ergs, and some of them have a mixture of stencil operations.

Thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
Mikkel_G_
Beginner

Sorry, should have been specific about that: The problematic erg is 6.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

I'm not sure that I'm seeing a problem. On my system, both seem to be "...KEEP". See the attached images.

I'm wondering if this is an issue specific to your particular system/driver. Therefore, could you attach similar images to what I've included that show the problem on your system?

Thanks!

Neal

0 Kudos
Mikkel_G_
Beginner

Hey Neal

I wish I could, but I am now seeing the same as you. Confusion is at an all-time high. Here's to hoping I just mucked it up in the first place... I'll get back, with screenshots, should I ever encounter this again.

Thanks for looking into this so quickly!

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

The only thing I can think of is that you may have accidentally clicked on the pull-down menu and selected the "...ZERO" option in one of your runs.

Anyways, thanks for using the product, and please let us know if you run into this issue, or others, when using the product.

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Mikkel_G_
Beginner

Ah, yes, that makes sense, mouse-wheel does that. Could possibly make sense to mark modified fields.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello Mikkel,

Thanks for the suggestion! I've passed your comments onto the development team -- hopefully we'll have the time to add this to an upcoming release.

Neal

0 Kudos