Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
442 Discussions

About 10bitsPerSymbol of ihc::stream_out

ZXued
Beginner

I want to use ihc::stream with 10bitsPerSymbol parameter, I defined a interface using:

typedef ihc::stream_out<ac_int<120, false>, ihc::buffer<2>, ihc::readyLatency<1>, ihc::usesPackets<true>, ihc::bitsPerSymbol<10>, ihc::usesEmpty<true>, ihc::firstSymbolInHighOrderBits<true>>  stream_out_pixels;

When compiling, the compiler report following error:

_stream.h:769:54: error: HLS builtin parameter must be a factor of the type size

_readyLatency, _bitsPerSymbol,

How can I use 10bitsPerSymbol stream interface.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

As per the compiler pro documentation

ihc::buffer can be used only with the input stream,

Please refer to the compiler pro documentation

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/ewa1462824960255.html

for each of the options in the code given and let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

ZXued
Beginner

Thanks for you replay, I remove ihc::buffer on output stream but the problem isn't been solved. I think the result of express "sizeof(ac_int<120, false>)" is not divisible by 10

AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Can you try with different ac_int values and lets know , whether the compilation gets successful , when the result is divisible by 10 .

Thanks and Regards

Anil

whitepau
Employee

Hi @ZXued 

There is currently a restriction on `ihc::bitsPerSymbol` such that symbol widths must be a power of 2. This is a known issue.