Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

Access for Stratix 10 node

jasonlin316
Beginner

Currently I have an account to DevCloud, and I used oneAPI to implement my work with Stratix 10 board chosen.

However, it seems like I have to access Stratix 10 PAC node to run my work (instead of Stratix 10 oneAPI node), which I don't have access.

I tried to sign up for the c009-fpga group following the last section of this post

I kept running into the same error message telling me there can't be any special character in the input box, I have checked/retype many times and I can't tell if there was ANY special character. 

Would someone please just add me to the c009-fpga group? My account number is u47712.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
7 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know what is the selection that you are able to select when you input "devcloud_login"? Are you able to access the Stratix 10 OneAPI node? If no, what is the error observed?

Thanks.

John Tio

0 Kudos
jasonlin316
Beginner

Hi, I am able to access the S10 oneAPI node and compile my work or run emulation, but I cannot run my program ( xxx.FPGA) on the node.

When my host code calls the kernel function, it shows:

" terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cl::sycl::runtime_error' what(): Native API failed. Native API returns: -42 (CL_INVALID_BINARY) -42 (CL_INVALID_BINARY). Aborted"

I think maybe I need to connect to the S10 PAC node instead to run the xxx.FPGA file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The API node that you connected should have the Stratix 10 PAC card connected. You should be able to performed "aocl diagnose".

May I know if you program the FPGA before you proceed with the host code?

0 Kudos
jasonlin316
Beginner

Hi, I run "aocl diagnose" and it passed, seems like there's no problem with The FPGA card.

May I ask what you mean by "program the FPGA" ? 

I ran the following commands, not sure if this is what you meant:

dpcpp -fintelfpga ../src/fuse.cpp -c -o dev.o

dpcpp -fintelfpga -fsycl-link=image dev.o -o device_image.a -Xshardware -Xsboard=intel_s10sx_pac:pac_s10

dpcpp -fintelfpga ../src/host.cpp -c -o host.o

dpcpp -fintelfpga host.o device_image.a -o FUSE.fpga

-------------------------------------------------------------

I run the xxx.FPGA again, this time I got segmentation fault instead of (CL_INVALID_BINARY)

0 Kudos
jasonlin316
Beginner

Thanks, I did not do initialize The FPGA before.

Now it does not show  (CL_INVALID_BINARY) anymore.

It runs into segmentation fault though, I guess there are some issues in the kernel code? If so, I think I am good with this S10 board problem and should focus on debugging the kernel from now.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Yes, I think the segmentation fault might be related to the kernel or your host code to kernel interface.

0 Kudos