Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
506 Discussions

Access for Stratix 10 node

jasonlin316
Beginner

Currently I have an account to DevCloud, and I used oneAPI to implement my work with Stratix 10 board chosen.

However, it seems like I have to access Stratix 10 PAC node to run my work (instead of Stratix 10 oneAPI node), which I don't have access.

I tried to sign up for the c009-fpga group following the last section of this post

I kept running into the same error message telling me there can't be any special character in the input box, I have checked/retype many times and I can't tell if there was ANY special character. 

Would someone please just add me to the c009-fpga group? My account number is u47712.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JohnT_Intel
Employee
7 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know what is the selection that you are able to select when you input "devcloud_login"? Are you able to access the Stratix 10 OneAPI node? If no, what is the error observed?

Thanks.

John Tio

jasonlin316
Beginner

Hi, I am able to access the S10 oneAPI node and compile my work or run emulation, but I cannot run my program ( xxx.FPGA) on the node.

When my host code calls the kernel function, it shows:

" terminate called after throwing an instance of 'cl::sycl::runtime_error' what(): Native API failed. Native API returns: -42 (CL_INVALID_BINARY) -42 (CL_INVALID_BINARY). Aborted"

I think maybe I need to connect to the S10 PAC node instead to run the xxx.FPGA file?

Thanks.

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The API node that you connected should have the Stratix 10 PAC card connected. You should be able to performed "aocl diagnose".

May I know if you program the FPGA before you proceed with the host code?

jasonlin316
Beginner

Hi, I run "aocl diagnose" and it passed, seems like there's no problem with The FPGA card.

May I ask what you mean by "program the FPGA" ? 

I ran the following commands, not sure if this is what you meant:

dpcpp -fintelfpga ../src/fuse.cpp -c -o dev.o

dpcpp -fintelfpga -fsycl-link=image dev.o -o device_image.a -Xshardware -Xsboard=intel_s10sx_pac:pac_s10

dpcpp -fintelfpga ../src/host.cpp -c -o host.o

dpcpp -fintelfpga host.o device_image.a -o FUSE.fpga

-------------------------------------------------------------

I run the xxx.FPGA again, this time I got segmentation fault instead of (CL_INVALID_BINARY)

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you try initialize the board?

You may refer to https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/oneapi-programming-guide/top/prog... for more information.

jasonlin316
Beginner

Thanks, I did not do initialize The FPGA before.

Now it does not show  (CL_INVALID_BINARY) anymore.

It runs into segmentation fault though, I guess there are some issues in the kernel code? If so, I think I am good with this S10 board problem and should focus on debugging the kernel from now.

Thank you.

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Yes, I think the segmentation fault might be related to the kernel or your host code to kernel interface.