Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Can the DPC++ program run on intel Arria10 SoC Development Kit?

Ran-GUO
Beginner

Hello,

I want to use the Arria 10 SoC Development Kit as both the host and device for the DPC++ SyCL, the host program runs on the Hard processor system (HPS, Linux ARMv7, 32-bit) part of the SoC board, and the device runs on the FPGA part of the board. I don't know if this idea is feasible.

I used DevCLoud oneApi to run the simplest example fpga_compile, build for FPGA hardware and generate the executable file "fpga_compile.fpga". I copied it to the Linux system of the Arria 10 SoC board and ran it with this error: ". /fpga_compile.fpga: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error."

Is it because the Linux system is 32-bit that causes this problem? Do you have any solution?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Abhishek81
Novice

It might be that.

Intel oneAPI is specially meant for different architectures you could once using SYCL and target it to different architectures.Its ever evolving.This error generally occurs if you are trying to run the build for different architecture is was targeted for.

Check this out.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/mpi-developer-guide-windows/top/troubleshooting/problem-cannot-execute-binary-file.html

0 Kudos
Abhishek81
Novice

This is also a very similar situation you can go through this, the previous link was of Windows-based system

https://appuals.com/fix-cannot-execute-binary-file-exec-format-error-ubuntu/

0 Kudos
Ran-GUO
Beginner

Thanks a lot, You are very kind!

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ran-GUO,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

Just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ran-GUO,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are overcome. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos