Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
443 Discussions

Cannot connect to arria10 node

Eddie_H_Intel
Employee

Hello!

I'm attempting to follow the instructions in this repo: (https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quicksta...) but I'm stuck at step 3.

When I attempt to run the login function after sourcing the script, I get the following output:

u43013@login-2:/data/intel_fpga$ tools_setup

Which tool would you like to source?
1) Quartus Prime Lite
2) Quartus Prime Standard
3) Quartus Prime Pro
4) HLS
5) Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
6) Arria 10 OneAPI
7) Stratix 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL

Number: 5
Not on an Arria10 Development Stack node. You need to be on an Arria10 Development Stack node to run Arria Development Stack
u43013@login-2:/data/intel_fpga$ devcloud_login

You are selecting an interactive compute server sesssion. Please consider using batch mode submission using
devcloud_login -b to not tie up compute servers with idle sessions.
See the help menu using devcloud_login -h for more details.

What are you trying to use the Devcloud for?

1) Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
2) Arria 10 OneAPI
3) Stratix 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL
4) Compilation (Command Line) Only
5) Enter Specific Node Number

Number: 1
Which Arria 10 PAC Development Stack release would you like to source?
0) 1.2
1) 1.2.1

Number: 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For X2GO tunneling access. For users connected to intel firewall, copy and paste the following text in a new mobaxterm terminal:

ssh -L 4002:s001-n139:22 colfax-intel

For X2GO tunneling access. For users NOT connected to intel firewall, copy and paste the following text in a new mobaxterm terminal:

ssh -L 4002:s001-n139:22 devcloud

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

running: qsub -q batch@v-qsvr-fpga -I -l nodes=s001-n139:ppn=2
qsub: submit error (Unauthorized Request MSG=group ACL is not satisfied: user u43013@login-2, queue batch)

Can you check if my account has the appropriate permissions to connect to arria10?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dr_FPGA
Novice

I had the same issue using these instructions. I  suspect these are outdated because the node numbers are different in this script and what shows on DevCloud:

pbsnodes | grep -B 4 fpga

I was able to connect to an FPGA node to compile with the following command:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_compile:ppn=2 -d .

I think to run it you have to have another node with actual FPGA:

qsub -I -l nodes=1:fpga_runtime:ppn=2 -d .

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Have you tried running Intel® PAC Quick Start User Guide? Did you had this working when running the Quick Start UG?:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qs-ias-opencl-a10.pdf