Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

Cannot view HTML GUI reports

udishaduttachowdhury

Hi,

I'm compiling and running an OpenCL Code on the device: pac_a10 : PAC Arria 10 Platform (pac_a10_ed00000).

For compilation I run this command:

aoc ker.cl -o bin/ker_fpga.aocx -board=pac_a10

After each compilation I see "reports" folder that is being generated, but I am unable to view the results in reports.html GUI. 

I have also tried this command to generate the .aoco file 

aoc -c -v ker.cl -o bin/reports.aoco

But I am unable to look for the reports in the GUI when I open this file.

Can someone help me out?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChithraJ_Intel

Hi Udisha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since your issue is related to FPGA, we are moving this query to FPGA forum for a faster response.

Regards,

Chithra

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

What do you see when you open the HTML file? Do you see anything at all?

Also, how are you opening the report file? If you just copy the HTML file to another machine and try to open it, it won't work. You need to either open the HTML file using a browser on the same machine the report is generated on, or copy the whole report folder to another machine and open it there.

0 Kudos
udishaduttachowdhury

Yes, I am opening it on the same machine that generated the "reports" folder

This is what I see when I open "reports.html" (screenshot attached)

Clicking on the tabs that you see don't help.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

What is that browser which you are using? It seems to me that your browser might be incompatible with the HTML report, or maybe some addon you have installed is interfering with the report. Try with a standard browser like Firefox or Chrome and make sure java script is enabled is enabled in your browser and is not blocked by any addons.

0 Kudos
udishaduttachowdhury

I'm using Chrome.

The issue still seems to persist. Is there any other way of generating the report? I am mainly looking for the loop and area analysis for my code.

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

@udishaduttachowdhury Can you archive the "report" folder from one of your compiles and post it here? I can check on my side to see if there is something wrong with your report to at least rule out browser/system-specific issues.

0 Kudos
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Similar discussion you may check out which explains similar issue seen, please take a look:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Application-Acceleration-With/empty-report-issue/m-p/1190136?profile.language=fr

The other one:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Software-Archive/Empty-Optimization-Report/td-p/1148246

The solution was renaming issue. Which causes some directory issue which direct to the empty reports.

0 Kudos