Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Compile and run a sample for FPGA

lkx
Beginner

Hello! I installed the Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit on Ubuntu18.04 system. But when I compiled the sample for FPGA by the command line "make fpga_emu -f Makefile.fpga", the system reminded me like the picture below. And I have no idea about what happened, anyone can tell me how to solve it ?

2.png

0 Kudos
14 Replies
GouthamK_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As your issue is related to FPGA, we have a dedicated forum for FPGA related issues.

We are redirecting this thread to FPGA Forum for faster response.

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

@lkx Have you followed the installation instructions for using OneApi with FPGAs? You need to install the FPGA acceleration stack to be able to synthesize kernels for FPGAs. Check the instructions in the following page fore more into:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/set-up-a-system-for-fpga-with-the-intel-pac.html

0 Kudos
lkx
Beginner

Hello, thanks for your advice. I installed the FPGA followed  the guidance given in the link, and when I run the command "./sys_check.sh", it reminded me to install OPAE,  but I met another error (shown in the figure)  when installing OPAE followed the command line. Besides, when I compile hardware using the FPGA, it still reminded me the same error. Can you give me an advice on how to solve it?

Thanks ahead!

0 Kudos
lkx
Beginner

Hello, thanks for your advice. I installed the FPGA followed  the guidance given in the link, and when I run the command "./sys_check.sh", it reminded me to install OPAE,  but I met another error (shown in the figure)  when installing OPAE followed the command line. Besides, when I compile hardware using the FPGA, it still reminded me the same error. Can you give me an advice on how to solve it?

5.png

4.png

Thanks ahead!

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Try change ./src/CMakeLists.txt:target_link_libraries(complex_mult OpenCL sycl)

to ./src/CMakeLists.txt:target_link_libraries(complex_mult sycl)

0 Kudos
lkx
Beginner

Sorry, I found I made a mistake on the board package. But when I change it into the correct path, it reminded me that the OS is unsupported like the figure, is that means that the Ubuntu 18.04 system is not suitable to install the OPAE? If not, how can I solve it?

6.png

Thanks ahead!

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan
0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Also, which version of OPAE that you were installing?

0 Kudos
lkx
Beginner

Hello! Actually, I'm almost completely new to Linux, and I'm not very familiar to the system.

But I installed the oneAPI following the guidance, and before that, I mainly installed the GPU, and OpenCL offline Compiler, and some other basic instruments, like gcc, ecilipse and etc.

9.png

Actually, I must admit that I have no idea about the version of the OPAE because I just install it according to the error message (shown in the figure below) when run the command line "./sys_check.sh".

8.png

So you think what could I do to find and solve the problem. Thanks ahead!

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Not sure if you have update?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Not sure if you have update?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos