Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
659 Discussions

Controller for mx25l25645G with 10M08 evaluation kit

jose_ortiz
Beginner

Hello!

I would like to control the flash memory mx25l25645G with the FPGA 10M08 evaluation kit using Quartus 18.0.

I have read in another thread that mx25l25645G is not in the list of the user guide of the Quartus IP "Intel FPGA Serial Flash Controller and Controller II Core" and "Intel FPGA Generic QUAD SPI Controller and Controller II Core", so, Could you send me an IP Core to control it?

If not, How can I control this flash memory in VHDL project using Quartus 18.0? I really need it.

Best regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi jose_ortiz,

It is recommended to use the flash that's in the list. If the device is not in the list, meaning the flash has not been tested working with Intel FGPA devices.

You may also try to convert the programming file from .sof to .jic. for that particular flash device and see if applicable.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
jose_ortiz
Beginner
I'm going to change the flash device, could you send me templates or examples of vhdl code to control a flash device of 256Mb?
Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi jose_ortiz,

You may find the applicable design example based on your application in the following page, FPGA Design Store

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi jose_ortiz,

I wish to follow up with you on this case. Do you still have further inquiries on this issue? Please feel free to let me know if there is any concern so that we could further assist you.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
jose_ortiz
Beginner
Hello!
I haven't found the way to control the memory flash mx25l25645g. Anyway, I found some codes in FPGA Design Store but it still doesn't work.
Best regards
0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi jose_ortiz,

Would you mind sharing the error message or providing me a screenshot of the error?

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos