Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Developer Zone Premier but OneAPI FPGA add-on can't be download

AleCampla
New Contributor I

Hi,

my account seems to be already setup for being on the Developer Zone Premier.

But when i try to download the FPGA add-on for custom platforms I am anyway redirected to the "Request access" page.

And when I click it, I get the message "You are already registered for Developer Zone Premier".

So even if I am logged in, there is no chance to download the tool.

I have been already exchanging some messages with the Developer Zone Support that said they can't help on this matter, and to write in the forum.

I sincerly hope this can be solved soon.

Best regards,

Alessandra

0 Kudos
14 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AleCampla,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
Apologies for the inconvenient cause, mind if I asked to provide us which link did you try to download the Intel OneAPI FPGA add-on for us to check further?

My guess is that there might be some inconsistence in the page somewhere that cause this confusion.
Can you please try to access this page here Intel® FPGA Add-on for oneAPI Base Toolkit, and there should be a download button as you scroll down.

The download page will bring you to a page where you will need to select the OS, and you should be able to see the FPGA add-on on the left panel as you scroll to the bottom
Hope that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
AleCampla
New Contributor I

Hi !

Thanks for your reply

The page you posted is exactly the link where I am facing this account issue.

E.g, when I click on the "FPGA add-on for custom platforms using Intel Quartus software 21.3 for Linux" at this link here, I get redirected to this other link.

And then I enter the unpleasant "loop" mentioned above.

This happens for all the different quartus versions add-on. 

Best regards,

Alessandra

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AleCampla,

Apologies for the inconvenient cause, allow me to get the right team to check on the account that you have as it seems that there seems to be some inconsistence account issues on the link.
Thank you for the patients.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Rahila_T_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you kindly let us know which Intel DevCloud (oneAPI DevCloud/Edge DevCloud/FPGA Devcloud) you are using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AleCampla
New Contributor I

Thanks @Rahila_T_Intel for adjusting the tickets.

Let me know when you have an update on the issue.

Best regards

Alessandra

0 Kudos
AleCampla
New Contributor I

Dear @Rahila_T_Intel 

can this be solved soon?

It's already a month that I am going back and forth between different supports (chats, emails, forum) without any real help.

This is quite puzzling.

I am considering to abandon OneAPI, and discourage my colleagues at CERN to use it.

Best regards

Alessandra

0 Kudos
Josh_Intel
Employee

Hi @AleCampla,

Apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced.  As we work through trying to understand why your account is creating an infinite-loop when trying to download the FPGA Add-on, we can try to move you forward manually.  Can you confirm the version you're trying to download?

Version: Custom Platforms using Intel Quartus software 21.3

Are you able to download through the other mechanisms such as APT or YUM?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AleCampla
New Contributor I

Dear @Josh_Intel , thanks for your reply.

Yes, Linux.

I tried the online download via

wget https://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/18487/l_BaseKit_p_2022.1.2.146.sh

sudo sh ./l_BaseKit_p_2022.1.2.146.sh

where the FPGA addon is available (but not the 21.3, only previous version).

And that was in general not problematic.

(While the docker installation does not contain it.)

Which other mechanisms are you referring to for FPGA addon download? I am not sure I am aware of them.

Best regards

Alessandra

0 Kudos
Josh_Intel
Employee

Hello @AleCampla,

I was referring to the options of using a Package Manager as described here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/installation-guide-for-intel-oneapi-toolkits-linux/top/installation/install-using-package-managers.html

I'm not sure which distribution of Linux you're using, but for example, if you're using RHEL and YUM, you could install oneAPI with the following if the repository is setup properly:

yum install intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-custom-platforms-quartus20.2 

Ideally this would be a temporary workaround to get you moving forward until we can resolve your registration issue.

0 Kudos
joeryan
Beginner

I am having this same problem with getting the intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-a10gx-s10sx package.  I have also tried to install through yum, but it fails after downloading 109% (2.1Gb of the expected 1.9Gb log attached).  I was able to install the intel-basekit using yum on the system. 

Thanks,

Joe Ryan

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AleCampla,

Greetings, did you managed to try the steps mention by Josh earlier?
Please do let us know if there is any difficulties proceeding further.

As for the mention of 21.3, my guess is to used the following command below
- yum install intel-oneapi-intelfpgadpcpp-custom-platforms-quartus21.3

Hope that helps.

Best regards
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AleCampla,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @AleCampla,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are overcome. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos