Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Failed to inline fprintf into *** (Callee is varargs)

zuige
Beginner

While I'm using intel hls 21.2 to compile my *.c file, which have function "fprintf" in it, the hls compiler will report this error  "Compiler Error: Failed to inline fprintf into ***(a function name in my design)       (Callee is varargs) " .  

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Developer Command Prompt v15.9.42, and I have quartus 18 with hls in my PC too, can someone helps me, thanks.

PS: the same *.c file worked OK on my workmate's PC, and he has the same versions of intel hls

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @zuige,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
I believe you are having a windows OS on your machine, and based on the situation explained it more toward setup issues as similar .c code are working in another machine.

Might suggest the following 1)check on the version of Visual Studio installed as only list here is supported 2)Are you colleague having the same version of quartus and VS installed? if yes probably check on the directory of the HLS and quartus are installed in same directory 3)running the init_hls.bat to ensure setup are correct.
Hope that clarify, please do let us know if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @zuige,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @zuige,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are resolved. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
zuige
Beginner

i have solved my problem, thanks for your helping

0 Kudos