Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
661 Discussions

HLS System of Tasks: Task Reuse

Ali8
Beginner

Hello,

The following code snippet is from one of the System of Tasks examples provided with Intel hls. From my understanding, compiling this will creates three copies of the same task’s hardware pipelined with internal streams in between for communication.  

I am interested in implementing a similar structure using system of tasks but with hundreds of pipelined instances of the same task. Is there a way to implement something like this efficiently?  I understand that it is not possible to use streams with arrays!

Thanks,   

tasks.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ali8,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope all is well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Noted on the interest on HLS, for the 'system of task' we do have some best practice recommendation.

For the request mention, I would recommend to check on the section 8.3 and 8.4 typically here would be a good place to start.
Please do let us know if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ali8,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Ali8
Beginner

Hello,

From the document you provided, I figured out that we can declare an array of pipes (not streams!). So, this answers my question.  Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ali8,

Great! Good to know we managed to clear your doubts, with no further clarification on this thread, it will be transitioned to community support for further help on doubts in this thread, where we will no longer monitor this thread.
Thank you for the questions and as always pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos