Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™

IO stream

3f28dsboek
Novice

We noticed that there is an oneAPI FPGA example about io streaming based on D5005

https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneAPI-samples/tree/master/DirectProgramming/DPC%2B%2BFPGA/Tutorials/DesignPatterns/io_streaming

But we found that D5005 BSP doesn't actually support UDP offload ip. 

Does there exist any board support truly IO streaming now ? ( not on fake data as shown in this example)

Will D5005 BSP support IO streaming in the future? Is there any time estimation for IO streaming support? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Yes there will be updates in the rollout of OFS, where by you will be allowed to modify the BSP.

Would advise if possible to engaged your local field team to get further details.

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
For Intel card the support for the UDP offload IP are limited.

Hence would recommend to proceed with the use of OneAPI FPGA example, but would required a 3rd party card from bittware to support on the mention IP.
Please do let us know if that helps to clarify.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
3f28dsboek
Novice

Do you think it is possible for me to do DPC on an intel card with a modified BSP where I manually add an UDP IP using OPAE? 

0 Kudos
3f28dsboek
Novice

Can you also tell me which edition of bittware card supports oneAPI with UDP IP (simply ethernet IP) ? Thank you!

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Per my understanding modifying the for now is not possible as those are closed source.
However using custom BSP from board vendor are possible as references from here.

As for the mention supported card from bittware, please do refer to the link above under section 'Compatible FPGA Cards'. Would also recommend to get in touch with bittware to double confirm on that.
Please do let us know if we misunderstood the situation.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
3f28dsboek
Novice

May I ask if I give up the OpenCL/DPC and turn to use RTL, should I use OPAE to take in UDP packets? If I understand correctly, UDP IP already is supported in the OPAE for PAC 5005, right? 

And we can't modify OpenCL or DPC BSP for PAC D5005, right? Will the situation change when OFS stack is rolled out?

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Yes there will be updates in the rollout of OFS, where by you will be allowed to modify the BSP.

Would advise if possible to engaged your local field team to get further details.

Hope that clarify.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope we have clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @3f28dsboek,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are overcome. Hence thread will no longer be monitored. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos