Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Intel Quartus Prime and Intel one API base toolkit

student1
Beginner

Hi,

My project is to develop an algorithm in c++ and deploy in intel FPGA for high speed performance.I could see that there are two softwares that could be used to achieve this.

1) Intel one API base toolkit and add on to  Intel one API base toolkit for FPGA

2) Intel Quartus Prime Pro and Intel HLS compiler

May I know which one of these will be more advantageous to use in my case?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JyotsnaK_Intel

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. Since your question is related to FPGA we are moving this topic to the Intel® High Level Design community. 

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

If you are proficient in C++, then using DPC++/SYCL C++ is probably the best option. Do note that the performance you will achieve has little to do with which of Intel's tools you use since they (OpenCL, C/C++ HLS, DPC++/SYCL C++) all use the same compiler backend. The final performance pretty much completely depends on how you write your code and optimize it to map well to the architecture of an FPGA.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @student1,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
Please do let us know if there is any further clarification we can help with.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
Vikas
Employee

@student1 Where do you plan the deployment ?

Do you have a FPGA Develpment Kit, if Yes you can try HLS

If you plan to use Devcould then use OneAPI

Best Wishes

0 Kudos
student1
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I am planning to use intel PAC FPGA. May I know which one gives more control to the programmer in terms of 1) code parallelization 2) FPGA development?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @student1,

As the interest you mention, would recommend OneAPI, as it provide more productivity and efficient for accelerator devices.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @student1,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence thread will now be transitioned to community support for further help on doubts in this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos