Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

Remote system update to MAX10 (external flash)

sRama28
Beginner

hi

i want to do MAX 10 external Flash memory update from remote location PC.

Q1. Is remote system update possible without internal CFM memory?

Q2.Please confirm i should use internal flash for my remote system update or with external flash also i can use?

Q3.if external flash (Q2-yes) i can update the image in FPGA please share the demo project with software code (using nios for remote update)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Q1.

Yes, it is possible. However, there is limitation with MAX 10 device.

Limitation:

MAX 10 device do not come with any ASMI Block. Thus, we do not have any Configuration IP that can help MAX 10 communicate with SPI flash. It going to be some challenges to get the connection between SPI flash and MAX 10.

We do have KDB on how to program with EPCQ-A device (SPI flash), however the link for project and tcl script is broken.

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/embedded/2019/how-to-program-epcq-a-devices-used-in-an-max---10-design-.html

Q2.

I recommend you to use internal flash for your remote system update. (you can use either NIOS or System console to update your image)

Q3.

No, we do not have demo project using external flash for MAX 10 device.

Thanks.

Regards,

WolfGang

0 Kudos