Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Remote system upgrade-Single Boot in MAX 10 (DA)

sRama28
Beginner

hi

i want to remote upgrade MAX10 FPGA by using single image .

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an741.pdf

i have referred these document where they used dual image upgrade.

Q1. Please confirm whether i can use single image with single compressed/uncompressed configuration settings in internal Flash IP to update image in FPGA from PC?

Q2. Please share if you have any remote system image update for MAX 10 with single image update.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi sRama28,

Q1.

Yes, you can program single image into MAX 10 device.

My current practice, I program the raw data(.rpd file) using system console.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For MAX 10, I usually used .rpd (raw programming data file) as raw data.

if you have look at .map file (generated after you generate .pof file), you will see the details as below:

1.jpg

My current practice, if I only want to program CFM0, I will slice the rpd file address from 0x000BA000-0x00161FFF (copy data and create new .rpd file).

Then, I'll use system console(write the programmer using tcl scripts) to program the CFM0 portion in my MAX 10 device. Below are my tcl script GUI to program only certain portion of MAX address (program CFM0 area only)

2.jpg

I hope this will clear to you know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q2.

You may refer to this forum thread for more details about the MAX 10 RSU design with system console.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004XW9uwSAD/hi-i-would-like-to-do-remote-upgrade-max-10-using-jtag-that-means-to-remotely-reprogram-the-fpga-using-a-board-that-is-connected-via-jtag-is-there-any-code-c-code-or-examples-

Thanks,

WolfGang

0 Kudos