Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
655 Discussions

Reports on Intel OpenCL SDK for FPGA version 16.0

CJuni1
Novice

Hello,

I am facing a problem with reports on the older version of Intel OpenCL SDK for FPGA, I need to use 16.0 version because of HARP. But this version does give me much information about the hardware. From Intel FPGA SDK 16.1 and on, I have some useful reports about stalls, memory usage, latency, fmax, Initiation Interval (II), that report is important to optimize the design. I know that 16.0 does not generate that GUI report, but this information must be somewhere (I just don't know where), otherwise it would be almost impossible to improve my design by having only the II. I get the II from opt.rpt.xml file inside the compiled project.

How do you study your design generated for HARP? Is there any file that contains any useful information other than II and fmax?

Thanks, Carlos.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Look for the file named *kernel_name*.log. Back then, the compiler report was printed in that file. You can also run "aocl analyze-area *kernel_name*.aoco" to get a basic HTML file with kernel area usage information. You can find the programming guide for v16.0 here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/archives/ug-aocl-programming-guide-16.0.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Look for the file named *kernel_name*.log. Back then, the compiler report was printed in that file. You can also run "aocl analyze-area *kernel_name*.aoco" to get a basic HTML file with kernel area usage information. You can find the programming guide for v16.0 here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/opencl-sdk/archives/ug-aocl-programming-guide-16.0.pdf

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @CJuni1,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
Please do let us know if there is still further clarification in this regards.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @CJuni1,

Greetings, unfortunately as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided. Hence this thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries or further query on this thread, please feel free to open a new thread or reopen this thread to get support from us. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos