Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
662 Discussions

Support for arbitrary precision data types in NIOS II Eclipse

Krus83
Beginner

I would like to use arbitrary precision data types in NIOS II Eclipse to run the HLS-components that use ac_int and ac_fixed. Is there any way to add support for this in NIOS II Eclipse?

Quartus/HLS/NIOS version 18.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
If I understand request correctly, you are seeking something similar with data type such as ac_int and ac_fixed in HLS.
For that maybe I would suggest that you can look into this custom instruction for nios ii which implement math floating point here.
Please do let us know if that help clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope this message find you well.
If I understand request correctly, you are seeking something similar with data type such as ac_int and ac_fixed in HLS.
For that maybe I would suggest that you can look into this custom instruction for nios ii which implement math floating point here.
Please do let us know if that help clarify your doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Krus83,

Good to know that it is working now, this thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts, and we would be right with you. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos