Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
663 Discussions

SystemConsole.designLoad does not work in MATLAB

GBies
Novice

Hi,

I'm using system console with Matlab and everything works, except SystemConsole.designLoad command. I have to load file manually with quartus before matlab procedures.

I issue a command:

SystemConsole.designLoad('C:\\MyPath\\file.sof');

but matlab shows error:

SEVERE: design_load: Specified Quartus Project path or QPF file doesn't exist: C:\intelFPGA\18.0\quartus\dsp_builder\C:MyPathfile.sof

As You can see a path argument is corrupted inside procedure and contaminated with default path.

Anyone had such problems?

I'm using Q18.0

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Grzegorz, As I understand it, you are observing some issue with the design load when using system console in Matlab. Based on your observation, seems like default path in Matlab have default directory of DSP builder added. Also, the "\\" seems to be missing from the path as well. As a workaround, can you try to place your file.sof into the dsp_builder installation directory to see it works.
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Alternatively, you can program the sof using Quartus prior to using the Matlab to avoid gating your progress.
0 Kudos