Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
506 Discussions

cannot launch modelsim simulator

sowmyasista
Beginner

Hi,

I have a small problem while launching the Modelsim- simulation software.I have installed the Altera Web-edition software and also the Modelsim-Altera software tool . While i launch the simulation tool I found an error displaying "Cannot launch the Modelsim-Altera software --the path to the loaction of the executables for the Modelsim-Altera were not specified or not found at the specified path.

I think i have installed all the files related to the software simulation tool .

could anyone help me out to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hi

Moving the question to high level design for faster response.

Thanks

Arun Jose

SyafieqS

Hi Sista,

In Quartus --> Tools --> Option --> EDA tool option. Change path Modelsim-Altera to your Modelsim path in quartus. By default the path should be in C:\intelFPGA\18.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem and you need to add "\" 

From 

C:\intelFPGA\18.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem

To

C:\intelFPGA\18.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem\

Let me know if it works.

Cheers,

Syafieq