Intel® High Level Design
Support for Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler, DSP Builder, OneAPI for Intel® FPGAs, Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™
654 Discussions

oneAPI support for Arria 10 GX FPGA Development Kit

hasaney
Beginner

Dear community,

I would like to try oneAPI for FPGA-based heterogeneous computing systems.  However, it seems that openAPI for FPGA support is limited. I wonder that can I use the Arria® 10 GX FPGA development kit for oneAPI? This is the link for this FPGA kit,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/kit-a10-gx-fpga.html

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Per my understanding it would required the PAC with Arria 10 GX FPGA to work with some sample design with have, and it will be different from the A10 development kit. However please do review through this video here, which explain how to utilize the Intel devcloud environment to run sample oneAPI project on FPGA hardware which is easily read. (it explain how it work, access to the devcloud, sample design, how to compile and etc)
Please do let us know if that helps to clarify you doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PrasanthD_intel

Hi Hasan,

We have a dedicated forum to handle FPGA related queries (Intel® High Level Design - Intel Community) and I am redirecting this query to that forum for better support.

Regards

Prasanth

0 Kudos
hasaney
Beginner

Hi Prasanth,

Thanks for redirecting it. Waiting for an answer.

Best,

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Per my understanding it would required the PAC with Arria 10 GX FPGA to work with some sample design with have, and it will be different from the A10 development kit. However please do review through this video here, which explain how to utilize the Intel devcloud environment to run sample oneAPI project on FPGA hardware which is easily read. (it explain how it work, access to the devcloud, sample design, how to compile and etc)
Please do let us know if that helps to clarify you doubts.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @hasaney,

Hope this message find you well and good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. This thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
hasaney
Beginner

Dear Boon,

Thanks a lot for your answer. As far as I understand, it is theoretically possible but supported on PAC right now. Therefore, I can evaluate it over the devcloud. 

Best wishes, 

0 Kudos