Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

CPU Family and Model

Bo_W_3
Beginner

Hello everyone,

i'm writing a small program which needs the CPU identification. But perhaps do something wrong.

With CPUID and EAX=01H, i want to get the Family ID and Model ID. On a machine with CPU of the type X5570, i get

Family ID = 6 (bits 8 to 11 in EAX after execution)

Model ID = A. (bits 4 to 7 in EAX after execution)

But I can't find in the "Develeoper's Manual"  a Displayfamily_Displaymodel with this value? 

My question:

how is Displayfamily_Displaymodel calculated? 

Thanks,

Bo

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Please consult this Intel offical guide ://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-identification-cpuid-instruction-note.html
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
Consult this offical Intel cpuid guide //www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>But I can't find in the "Develeoper's Manual" a Displayfamily_Displaymodel with this value? If you've extracted information properly then 06_0AH is the code for 'Intel Pentium III Xeon Processor, Intel Pentium III Processor' >>how is Displayfamily_Displaymodel calculated? Please take look at: Forum Topic: CPUID Signature Values of DisplayFamily_DisplayModel - A new Appendix is Needed in all Intel Manuals Web-link: software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/392849 I also had some issues with finding that information in Intel Manuals. Just remember there is a table on a page 1151 in Intel SDE.
0 Kudos
Bo_W_3
Beginner

iliyapolak wrote:

Consult this offical Intel cpuid guide //www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors

Sorry, I see nothing under this link

0 Kudos
Bo_W_3
Beginner

I have fixed this problem.

To compute Displayfamily_Displaymodel you have to use the bits for "Extended Family" and "Extended Model" too. See page 587 in the developer's manual and the  web-link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID

0 Kudos
Bo_W_3
Beginner

Have fixed this problem

To compute Displayfamily_Displaymodel you have to use "extended family" and "extended model" too.  See page 587 in the developer's manual.

and the web-link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID

Thanks you all.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Bo W. wrote:

Quote:

iliyapolakwrote:

Sorry, I see nothing under this link

Use the first link

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>To compute Displayfamily_Displaymodel you have to use "extended family" and "extended model" too. See page 587 >>in the developer's manual... There is a very good Application Note 485 'Intel(R) Processor Identification and the CPUID Instruction' ( May 2012 ) and try to search the Intel web-site for the document.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>There is a very good Application Note 485 'Intel(R) Processor Identification and the CPUID Instruction' ( May 2012 ) and try to search the Intel web-site for the document.>>>

I posted a link to this document.

0 Kudos