Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

Intel® Software Development Emulator release 7.30

MarkC_Intel

On September 20th 2015, we released version 7.30 of the Intel® Software Development Emulator. It is available here: http://www.intel.com/software/sde

See the release notes for a full list of changes. The changes in this release are:

• Added support to Win10 desktop applications.
  • Added support to Linux systems with kernel version 4 or later.
  • Added improvements to the MIX instruction histogram tool.
  • Added improvements to the chip-check analysis tool.
  • Fixed small issues with TSX statistics.
  • Improved the way image name can be specified to the SDE controller.
  • Updated the MSVS debugger install kit to support VS2015.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkC_Intel

At a high level: Intel releases Intel® SDE so that developers can gain familiarity with our upcoming instruction set extensions. Intel SDE can help ensure software is ready to take advantage of the opportunities created by these new instructions in our processors. We hope that developers will explore the new instructions using the currently available compilers and assemblers. 

0 Kudos
MarkC_Intel

Those examples are a little before my time. :-) But I'm guessing they are a little different. Intel SDE is for running user-level applications with new instructions on top of an existing operating system. Intel SDE does not run the operating system. Intel SDE simulates the additional register state needed so the underlying operating system need not be changed/ported to support context switching the new state. Intel SDE comes with  runtime overhead, but many have used it successfully for various things. 

0 Kudos
Sergio_J__C_
Beginner

Nice, thanks for the information, i think in update my windows to win10, maybe is time

0 Kudos