Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

List of interrupss

Joseph_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I have a C console programs running under Windows 10. I have compiled it with icl. I am looking into writing __asm{ code to serialize theard processing

I am aware that windows offers event API's SetEvent CreateEvent WaitForSingleObject. since I am coding in asm I am wondering if the is a int instruction number that would suspend or resume a thread, More so where code I find a complete list of int's my processor is i7-6900k

Thanks      

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

The easiest route to take is to write a C wrapper function that makes the Windows API call. Then call that from your ASM code.

You can serialize you threads using standard functions from C/C++. Look at the Interlocked... functions in MSDN.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686360(v=vs.85).aspx#interlocked_functions

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I am wondering if the is a int instruction number that would suspend or resume a thread... There is no a special instruction and you need to use an OS API to do threads management.
0 Kudos